Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Madden '10

Well, tomorrow at midnight Madden '10 will hit the shelves. I am eagerly awaiting this...and I'll probably be one of those dorky people that will get it at midnight. My wife has come to accept my video game dorkyness. And I appreciate this a lot. She could easily be one of those nagging spouses/significant others, but I'm lucky this is not the case. It has taken her a while to get use to my obsession with video games and football (and video games about football); but I think she has realized that it could be worst (I could have a gambling problem or something worst). Actually, Madden is probably the only game where I will fork the full price of the game and get it when it comes out. Usually, if I purchase a game is typically an used game (or a new game way past its release date) and I shoot for a price of about 20 bucks. Now Madden, I just feel like I need to get the game right as it is released, it is part of my "gearing-up-for-football-season" mode that millions of fans and I go through in August.

I have been fortunate to have been able to take time off work when Madden comes out. It has become like a mini-holiday for me. Luckily my line work and well the current job that I am in, allows me to do this. Actually this week I have been off the whole week, part of summer vacation. I've been having a "stay-cation", although it has been a bit boring at times due to my Xbox 360 being broken (it has been repaired and I will get it the day before Madden!). But I have had a good time taking it easy and spending time with the wife and the dog. Anyway, back to Madden. So hopefully tomorrow at around this time, I will be popping Madden '10 into the 360 and start playing. I look forward to the new Washington Redskins, and hopefully I'll be tearing things up with their ridiculous defense, as well as living in a fantasy land where Jason Campbell scores a ton of touchdowns :)

I look forward to playing games online, although I hope to avoid the stupid games with people that do the same tired routine (that works half the time, and doesn't work the other half). Going off on a rant, I kind of wish Madden '10 would fix one of the most annoying things that happens when you play some people on line....the dreaded "run back 30 yards with a mobile QB and get off some lucky shots down the field" players. I also hate playing against the people that don't punt and well they quit right as you score the fourth TD on them. I also hate the people that find a glicht or some unconventional play that works for them. I wish the computer AI would cause their QB or RB to trip or something. But we'll see how things work out. Well, Happy Maddenoliday folks! Here is to more sleepless nights thanks to one John Earl Madden....BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment